Date: August 8th, 9th, 15th, & 16th (sign up by Thursday, August 6th)** Weather Permitting **
Time: AM tee times, assigned by Pro Shop, Twilight fee applies,
Cost: $20 / person (CASH ONLY, cannot use club credit or credit/debit card toward payment)
Similar to how the RHGC Men’s Club Championship was conducted in 2016 and 2018, and based on membership input, the Tournament Committee has voted to conduct this year’s Club Championship in the following manner:
The first round (Saturday August 8th) of this year’s Men’s Club Championship will be conducted as a Medal Play qualifier (gross scores). Your qualifying round score will then be used to establish your seed within an 8-person match play bracket within the respective flights.
For those interested in competing in the Championship Flight:
- Entrance into the Championship Flight qualifying round is optional and open to all male members regardless of handicap. The golfer must simply indicate to the Pro Shop when signing up that they are attempting to qualify for the Championship Flight.
- All play in the Championship Flight qualifier will be from the Blue Tees (all other flights will play from the White Tees).
- The low 8 medal play gross scores within the Championship Flight qualifying round will move on to the Match Play bracketed field of 8 for the overall Club Championship.
- The seeding of the Championship Flight will be based on the results of the qualifying round.
- In case of ties for the seeds within the Championship Flight, the individual with the lower USGA index will receive the lower seed. In case of ties for the 8th and final spot for the Championship Flight, a playoff will be conducted by the Head Pro at his discretion.
- For those individuals who competed in the Championship Flight qualifier but did not finish in the top 8, they will be positioned into their respective flights based on (a) handicap and then (b) qualifying score*. *The qualifying score will be adjusted accordingly based on course slope and rating between the blue and white tees.
For those NOT interested in competing in the Championship Flight:
- Sign up in Pro Shop and indicate that you are NOT interested in the Championship Flight
- Upon conclusion of the qualifying round, the Pro Shop will arrange the Flights based on the following level of order:
1) USGA Index, and then
2) the qualifying score of the one-day medal play qualifier (gross scores).
*Pro Shop and Tournament Committee will use discretion on how to settle ties if necessary to determine seeds within flights if still tied after 1) and 2) above
The remaining three rounds (August 9th, 15th, 16th) will be conducted using an 8-person single elimination match-play bracket (gross only) for each respective Flight. A “Beatens” bracket will NOT be created this year. Once you lose a match, you are “out”. Tournament Committee reserves the right to disallow participation for those who do not have at least TEN 18-hole scores posted in the 2020 system.
MUST HAVE TEN 18-HOLE SCORES ENTERED INTO 2020 SYSTEM IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE